If you may have a unique way of creating them, or if I missed something, please let me know below. Also let me know for those who make this dish. Would love to listen to the way it turned out!
- 1/2 lb of black beans
- 5 c water
- 2 green peppers
- 1/2 lb salt pork
- 1/2 lb onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 lb rice
- 2 oz bacon
- Rinse beans and place in a big pot with enough water to cover the beans by 2″. Slice and seed a green pepper and throw into the pot. Let beans soak overnight or at the very least a couple of hours.
- Cook beans in the identical water over med-low heat until they’re soft, approx 45 minutes. After they are done, remove three cups of water and put aside, then drain the remaining of the beans in a colander and put aside.
- Cut up the salt pork into small pieces and fry in the big pot until cooked thoroughly – don’t drain.
- Add the onions, garlic and green pepper to the pan and saute until onions are soft,
- Add the beans, three cups of water, bay leaf and oregano and convey to a boil.
- Dice the bacon and fry in a pan, add the rice and saute together for a couple of seconds until the rice is coated/mixed with the bacon.
- When the water starts to boil, add the rice and bacon to the pot, stir, and canopy the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for quarter-hour. Remove from heat and let sit a further 5 minutes.
- This will also be made with red beans to make congri.
Cooking in Cuban https://cookingincuban.com/